Paid Search Mistakes You Could Be Making
A well-managed Google AdWord account can grab tons of traffic, leads & sales to your website. There is nothing worse than wasting a perfectly good paid search strategy on mistakes that could have been avoided but you are unaware of it.
Unfortunately, this is the reality for many marketers who either are not properly aware of the things that are going wrong with paid search and also they are bit proactively fixing their issues. The one of the best good news is that mistakes are just the opportunities to begin again with more and more of the knowledge and better understanding than before.
Following are the most common paid search mistakes that most of the marketers do. So read the following points carefully so that you can avoid these mistakes.
- Not knowing your audiences properly:-
- A sure route to the failure of the campaign is not knowing your audiences properly and who you are talking to.
- The only way to get your ads clicked on is to speak directly to your targeted audiences.
- The solution to this problem is that you can develop the personas of your customer so that you can exactly identify to whom you are talking to and what they want, for what they are looking for.
- Not having a targeted call to action button:-
- In a PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertisement, your call to action button is considered as extremely important as it tells the searchers about what to do after they have read your advertisement.
- A person who is trying to search something online is usually trying to solve a problem or to get an answer to their questions.
- Once you are aware of the pain points, needs, wants and desires of your customers then your ad can speak to that need and can also encourage them to call to action.
- When your PPC ad is showing up in the search results they need to achieve 2 goals only;
- Tell your potential customers about what your product or service is the solution to their problem; and
- What action they should perform so that their problem is solved and they do get a proper solution to it.
- Not using ad extensions or not using them effectively:-
- This is the fact that everyone in this world wants to stand out from the crowd but many companies do not realize that an ad extension can help them to do this.
- Ad extensions are sometimes used but they are not optimized for business objectives.
- Also, there are multiple of ad extensions available nowadays, but not all of that is properly relevant to each of the industry but there are always at least a couple of extensions that will be suitable for you.
- So, just think about your unique selling points and the information that would be useful for the customers within your industry and then match those to the appropriate ad extensions. But make sure that, with so many of the options available for you be sure to test them often to identify which ones work for you best.
- Not keeping an eye on the competitors:-
- Just like an online activity, you need to understand what your competitors are doing or what they can do to stay one step ahead of you.
- The solution to this problem is that you need to check up on your competitors regularly including their ads and landing pages just to ensure that you maintain a unique selling point.
- One way through which you can do this is looking at the auction insights report to gain an understanding of which competitors are getting a good share of impressions on your targeted keywords.
There you are having a list of 4 common mistakes that most of the companies are making with their websites. Obviously, there are many more other elements too but above are the most common paid search mistakes that you could be making with your website.