Content Marketing v/s PPC: Pros & Cons
If you are a business owner or a marketer, there may be a battle going in your mind about what choose between the two i.e., the content marketing or the Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising. Both have their own pros and cons. If you are too much confused between what to choose among them, relax there is never a straightforward answer to the content marketing versus PPC question.
To help you with what to choose among them, let us read the pros and cons of both. With the help of this, you will be able to make a decision about what is right for your specific situation, brand, and target audience.
- It is a lower cost solution that keeps building your visibility, but it takes a time.
- If you are willing to stick with it and accept their costs, content marketing can be a real winner for higher quality leads and better conversions.
- Here are some of the pros and cons of the content marketing;
- It earns you with better lead:-
- Once your content starts the rankings, the leads which you get from the organic search will be of high quality as compared to those you buy with PPC.
- Organic search generates the leads with the greatest volume and the highest conversion rates too.
- Mostly, quality leads are more likely to buy and content marketing is the best way which draws them in the most better way.
- Thus, content marketing earns you with the better leads.
- It is most cost-effective:-
- There is involvement of advance costs for doing content marketing.
- Once you have published your content, it will continue to climb up the search results, earning clicks and leads too. For this, you do not have to pay another time.
- Earning clicks, leads and search results, all are included in one time, so content marketing is most cost-effective.
- Content marketing takes longer to net Rate of Interest:-
- Content marketing takes some time to start building some of the momentum, but once the momentum has started it is unstoppable.
- However, content marketing takes or requires serious commitment.
- You would not be able to see the results until some months of publishing the content.
- It is hard to find content creators and qualified writers:-
- It is very much true that a good writer can be hard to find.
- It also takes some of the valuable time to examine the writers yourself.
- It is also difficult to figure out that the content creators are a good fit for your brand.
- Therefore, it is difficult to find out the qualified good content creators or writers.
PPC (PAY-PER CLICK)
- It is nothing but the paid advertising through Google Ads.
- It allows you to pay for those advertisements which you want that it will be displayed on the top of the search results for some of the certain keywords or phrases.
- Whenever you pay a fee, your advertisement is clicked on.
- Following are some of the pros and cons of PPC;
- It gets you on top of the search pages:-
- If you want to use Google AdWords, then you need to first bid to your target the keyword.
- If your page is relevant, and you bid enough, then Google will put you on the top of the search engine.
- The traffic which you get from paying for the top could make the cost per click worth it.
- Paid advertisements appear at the very topmost places of the search result pages.
- A user will always see these topmost results first and then they will scroll down before seeing the organic results.
- Thus, through PPC you may see your website at the top of the page but make sure that you choose the right keywords for it.
- It is a costly long-term strategy:-
- Unless you spend some money, you will never be able to sustain a long-term PPC strategy this is because you get charged every time the user clicks on your Search Engine Result Page listing.
- If your goal is to steadily boost the traffic and stay at the top of the search result page then you will be paying a lot of money just to stay visible on the Google.
- Thus, it is a costly procedure.
- Once you have stopped for paying, then your visibility starts getting disappeared:-
- This is the major disadvantage of PPC.
- When you stop paying, then you will be getting disappeared from the top of the search result pages.
- This is the drastic contrast to content marketing, where you earn your Search Engine Result Page spot slowly over the time.
Thus, both methods i.e., Content Marketing and PPC have their own Pros and Cons but you cannot choose one over the other as putting everything is a risky situation. One thing which you have noticed in the above point is that they both require valuable content as the foundation. PPC cannot help you with the conversions but on the other hand, content marketing can help you with this.