Is Your Website Working Against Your Marketing? Here Are Some Easy Tips To Fix This
If you are the marketing manager responsible for your company’s website then you definitely have some issues with it. You are doing everything right, but for one reason or another, your website is the last remaining guard from the old days of your company.
So, what do you do when your website which should be the hub of your entire online strategy fails everything good you are doing around it. Here are some of the different ways your website might be working against your marketing efforts and the most importantly what can be done about it.
- Poor messaging:-
- Bad design will kill a website much faster than a bad design ever could.
- The words you use in your website matters a lot.
- Some of the key points that should be kept in mind while putting messages in your website are as follows;
- The consistency of messages should be there in your website;
- Keep your website customer focused; and
- Provide right message at the right time to every customer
- Not optimized for conversions:-
- One of the biggest disconnects between a company’s marketing efforts and its website is paying to send traffic to a website that is not optimized to turn that traffic into customers.
- Everyone wants that the potential customers should get in touch with you. So for this, make it very easy or simple for them to communicate with you and place the corresponding call to action button in a very obvious place and make it stand out.
- So, if you are trying to sell a product, try to make the checkout process as simple or smooth as possible. It all comes down to a good user experience.
- So make sure that your website is fully optimized for the conversations.
- No trust signals:-
- Social proof is a big deal and if you are not providing any it will be much more difficult to convince your audience.
- Trust signals come in many forms, some of them are as follows;
- Social shares/likes; and
- It totally depends on the nature of your business.
- You can show any of the above combinations to show your prospects that you have helped the people just like them in the past and those people will love doing business with you.
- One of the best ways involve is to add a video testimonial. It will connect exponentially more than a standardly written review.
- Real customers speaking candidly will always come across genuinely, just as the fake one will always come across that way.
- Not mobile optimized:-
- Nowadays, it is probably that mobile traffic now accounts for over 60% of all browsing data.
- So, one of the worst things you can do is drive traffic, especially from a social media to a website that is not well optimized for mobile devices.
- Here are some of the following few factors that can make or break a mobile website;
- Page load speed should not be very less;
- Mobile-specific conversion flow; and
- General user experience and try to make use of horizontal swiping and reduce vertical scrolling.
- No plan to recapture lost traffic:-
- Install a Facebook tracking pixel on your website:
- This will allows you to show highly targeted Facebook ads or sponsored content to those who have already been to your website, increasing the likelihood that they will remember your brand when they are more serious about converting.
- Build your email list:-
- Try to create a secondary list of Call to Action on your website designed to capture basic lead information, such as names and email addresses in exchange for access to content or a special offer.
- You can then target them through an email campaign and even create a lookalike audience on the Facebook market too.
So all of the above-mentioned points will help your website working against marketing.