Common Instagram Marketing Mistakes You Need To Avoid
Instagram is an online mobile photo sharing, video sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them on a variety of social networking platforms like, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
These days the image sharing social networking website has taken the stage and everyone including celebrities, entities, marketers, creative and of course the general public is tapping into this network every day. Humans love visuals, and that is probably why the image sharing concept is rapidly gaining popularity these days.
However, there are some mistakes that people are making. There are Instagram marketing tips that can help you to avoid falling into the same traps:
- Buying likes and followers:-
- This one seems like it should be a no brainer, but unfortunately, this practice shows no sign of slowing down.
- It is quite obvious that when you buy likes and followers, you are only hurting yourself.
- Buying likes and followers are strongly connected to poor Return on Investment (ROI) on the client side of the things.
- Also, buying the likes and followers will not give you the returns you want when it comes to your own business results.
- If you are looking to grow a following of real people and other brands interested in your products or services, then fake followers are not going to cut it.
- Instead of buying likes and followers go for the following options;
- Engage with the right people;
- Run a contest; and
- Promote your account
- Using poor quality images:-
- When a potential customer first looks at your Instagram page, what kind of message you think that you are sending to them? If the message is blurry photographs and videos that look like they have been shot on a potato, then you might want to reconsider your visual strategy.
- When you have these kinds of images posted on your Instagram account, it sends the message that you do not take your business seriously.
- Using bad quality images immediately discredits your brands and gives off a less than professional vibe especially on Instagram.
- Always, first impression matters when it comes to your brand’s social media presence, so make sure that you are serving up the best possible looks on your Instagram page.
- It does not have to cost a lot of money as some simple tweaks can make a huge difference.
- There are some of the following tips available which you can put into action today;
- Use the right tools;
- Mix up the perspective; and
- Carefully consider the background
- Ignoring analytics:-
- When you ignore Instagram analytics, you might miss out on important information that could help you plan future campaigns.
- Your analytics show you what content is getting results and what content is wasting precious resources.
- Analytics also help you to get to know your audience better.
- When you know your follower demographics, interests, and online purchasing behavior then you are able to create content that better engages your followers.
- Go through the following tips which can help you how can you give your Instagram analytics the attention which they deserve;
- Know which metrics to track; and
- Use the right tools
So, you might be guilty of some or all of the Instagram sins mentioned above, but also it is not too much late to get back on the track. Follow the tips which have been shared above and never make the same Instagram marketing mistake again.