What Makes A Good Business Logo?
A great logo would not help you to determine whether your business sinks or swims; but it will definitely provide a fantastic springboard. A good logo design gives the whole world an image or an instant visual impression of your brand. Everyday consumers come face to face with countless logos, but most of them are unaware about how these icons are constantly aiming at a message.
A company’s logo is its shorthand i.e., a method of rapid writing by means of abbreviations and symbols which is used especially for taking dictation. Thus, a logo of a company is a visual clue that tells the story of the brand culture, behavior and values. A great logo requires a complex mixture of design skills, creative theory, and skillful application. Before pen hits paper on any new logo design, always remember thorough research is essential.
Here are five logo design tips that are very important for the business to look good;
- Understand your competition:-
- Before you start working on a logo design concept, make sure that you research your target market thoroughly.
- Your client should provide you some basic information about your competitors thoroughly to get you started.
- This research may well reveal some attitude about branding conventions in that market sector.
- But always remember in mind that many of the world’s most recognizable logo designs stand because they eschew trends and think uniquely and differently.
- So try to think differently and uniquely and also understand your competitors well.
- Ask the right questions:-
- The strategy is becoming an important part of the branding process.
- This means that practice will often depend on the scale of the project, but it all starts with asking the right questions at right time too.
- Try to answer the following six things of the brand you are working on as a starting point;
(i) Why are we here?
(ii)What do we do, and how do we do it?
(iii)What makes us different?
(iv)Who are we here for?
(v)What do we value the most?
(vi)What is our personality?
- It can be described:-
- A good logo is always easy to describe.
- If you want to generate a good looking logo for your business, you should design it in that way that people love to talk about it.
- It is very important that you allow your customers or followers to tell their friends about you and your business too.
- Thus, the image of your logo must be simple, clear and eye-catching.
- It defines your key characteristics:-
- Your company’s mission statement helps to design the logo of your company.
- Take a minute and think about your company’s mission statement which is;
- What are your core values?
- What do you want your business to achieve?
- Just take a minute from your busy life and think about your achievements so far, and your key strength too.
- Each one of these core features will make up your company’s DNA.
- It also plays a crucial role in shaping your logo.
- It is unique:-
- If you try to copy others logo or else you copy their design which is already very popular in the market then it will not work as per your desires.
- People will think that you are cheap or unoriginal it will affect the goodwill of your company.
- Also, some company can sue you too.
- So, it is very fun if you come up with your own design as your design will be unique in the market.
- An effective logo is able to work across a variety of mediums and applications.
- The logo should always be functional.
- For this, your logo should always be designed in a vector format so that it can be scaled to any size.
- The logo should be able to fit or work in both horizontal and vertical formats.
The success of company logos is how quickly and automatically the customers can associate or recognize your business with it. For example, the moment you see the yellow arch shape M, you know it stands for the fast food restaurant of McDonald. The simplicity of the company logos is not accidental but has a purpose. Try to keep your elements down to a minimum to make sure that the viewers can recognize your logo. Your logo should always be memorable in the minds of the customers. Memorable company logos are almost the ones that survive in the market with the time. These company logos become timeless as people continue to love them for their simplicity of design and conveying a business message too. Therefore, simple shape, recognizable colors for industry and business you represent appropriate fonts and much more are the keys to the design that lasts for many time or many more decades to come.