Things To Check Before Launching A Website
Launching of a new website is always an exciting tool on which you have worked hard on that brilliant designs, awesome content, and outstanding user interface. It is very obvious that no one can wait to share their website with the whole world. Also, you have to admit it that launching a new website is very stressful even for the most seasoned digital marketers.
As websites are very complex, so there are so many things that are easily overlooked, like a broken link or a misspelled word. Instead of worrying about the errors, it will be very much easy for you to have a comprehensive website checklist to run down before launching of the website.
So quality is all about details, to make sure that nothing is missed, professionals use to make checklists. Here are some of the points of which you need to prepare a checklist.
- Page content:-
- The very first thing you need to do is to review all of the content on your website. Of course, it means page content, but do not forget about the premium content too.
- You need to make sure that content or any other thing is in place, working properly and looking beautiful too.
- So, a quick suggestion to you is that to check the below-mentioned items once and check them again and again;
- Spelling and grammar are correct;
- Paragraphs, lists, headers and other formatting are correct;
- Company contact details are correct throughout the website;
- Images are incorrect places, formatted well and working on all devices too;
- Videos are in the correct places, formatted well and working on all devices too;
- Audio files are in the correct places, formatted well and working on all devices too;
- Rights to images, fonts, and other content have been properly licensed;
- The next thing on which you have to make a checklist is to ensure that the design for the website is pixel perfect.
- If you are having a responsive website, you should need to check the design across all of the devices.
- Your website should not only look good on an office desktop but also on other devices like laptops, mobile phones, and tablets.
- The points to be kept in mind are;
- Scripts are optimized across web pages;
- Images are optimized across web pages;
- Paragraph styles are working properly.
- After the design, the next thing is functionality, which takes some time to test and validate all of the different features on your website.
- This point explains that lead generation forms, social sharing, CRM integration, and any other technology should work perfectly across your website.
- Just make sure that;
- Forms are submitting data properly;
- Thank You message or page displays after the form is being submitted;
- Form data has to be emailed to the recipient or it should be stored in the company’s database.
- Internal links and the external links across web pages are working properly, and open in a new tab.
- Social media share icons are working properly too;
- Speed load time for the website page is properly optimized;
- The company logo is linked to the homepage.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO):-
- You may take some time to ensure that your website has been given a solid foundation for SEO success.
- Follow the following instructions while checking the SEO;
- Pages should have a unique page title and should have a unique keyword;
- Pages should have keywords, fewer than 10 but all words should appear in a page copy.
- Alt tags have been added to the each and every image.
- Metadata is properly in a place for any social media sharing content and also spelling and grammar are correct in all metadata.
- Pages should have unique metadata descriptions which should be fewer than 156 characters, and it should also include keywords.
- Security and backups:-
- You can also prevent loss of the data and protect the data against the malware and other damages by properly setting up the website security and regular backups.
- It is much better to make sure that you properly secure your website before launching it.
- Here are some quick suggestions;
- 24X7 monitoring script installed;
- A copy of the final website should be made for backup purposes.
- Ongoing copies of the website are being created and should be stored on a regular basis.
- Passwords and other website qualification should be stored in a secured database.
Launching a new website can be a boring task, but you can reduce some of the stress by using the above-mentioned website launch checklist. By the above-mentioned points, you should have got an idea of the things that are needed to be tested before launching up of a website.