Ways To Measure The Effectiveness Of Your Google Ads Campaign
Google Ads is nothing but a pay-per-click service. Unlike traditional advertising, PPC advertisement costs money only when someone clicks onto your advertisement. One of the most important things is that Google Ads enables you to track the success of your ads too, which means that your business thus, would be able to calculate the return on investment of ads against the business goals. With the help of Google Ads, you can measure the success by just monitoring the statistics in your account. Understanding the key statistics enables you to know if your Google Ads account is working for your business and whether you need to refine your advertising campaigns for the better performance of your business.
Also, many of the businesses which are both large and small both rely on Google Ads to drive qualified visitors to their websites and mobile sites too. Some of these run the Google Ads campaign quite effectively, while some of the others have their campaigns on the “set and forget” mode. The Google Ads platform offers many of the key metrics to help you to measure success such as impressions, clicks, cost-per-click, average keyword position, and much more.
There are certain ways available through which you can measure the effectiveness of your Google Ads campaign these are detailed as below:-
- Click Through Rate (CTR):-
- The Click Through Rate is considered as the key metric to look at when measuring ad performance because it helps to determine your quality score and also it tells you that if your ads are really appealing to the people who are seeing them.
- This metrics is used to measure the percentage of how often people click on your ad after they see it on Google.
- Thus, CTR is most important for several reasons like;
- It is one of the most important factors in determining your quality scores; and
- It also tells you whether or not your ads are relevant for the searchers.
- Therefore, a low click-through rates is a sign that either your searchers or your ad creative or both need improvements.
- Quality score:-
- Google assigns the quality score to each of your keywords and uses it to determine your ad rankings and also how much you pay per click. Though relevant advertising gets a higher position on the search page and costs you less too.
- The score reflects that how relevant your ads, keywords and landing page are to the people who are viewing your ads.
- If your quality score is high then it means that your ads, keywords and landing page are all relevant to your targeted audience. But if your quality score is low then in that case, your ads, keywords and landing pages are not striking with your targeted audiences at all.
- Some of the factors that determine your quality score includes the following;
- The click through rate (CTR) of the keyword and its corresponding ad;
- The relevance of the keyword and ad to search query;
- The relevance of the keyword to its ad group;
- The CTR of the display URLs in the ad group; and
- The quality of your landing page
- Thus, the advertisements which are having high scores should be retained and whereas the advertisements with low scores should either be removed or should be modified properly.
- Conversion rate:-
- The conversion rate tells you how often someone is clicking on your ad resulted in a conversion i.e., that person is going on to complete the desired action on your landing page.
- Such rates are very much important because ideally, you want the traffic which you get to lead to a meaningful transaction.
- However, you can calculate the conversion rate by dividing the total number of conversions by the number of ad clicks which you have been received during the same period of time.
- Also, you can use the Conversion Tracking Tool to measure the conversion rate.
- Therefore, if you are getting a strong conversion rate then it means that the money which you have invested on per click is coming back to you in profits.
Thus, the above points are the most important points that should be kept in mind while you want to measure the effectiveness of the Google Ads campaign. Also, if you are having limited time then the above points will give you a great overview of your performances. Therefore, tracking the above three points over the time will provide you with a solid measure of your success.